Plans for Center Reopening
We recognize that everyone has been affected by the many challenges that the past several months have presented. As old students of Vipassana, we also recognize just how valuable our meditation practice is in times like these. The center management team and center teachers have been working over the past several weeks to devise a strategy for safely resuming courses at the center. We have been closely monitoring the state and federal health departments recommendations for re-opening and feel confident that we are able to meet these guidelines.
As Massachusetts moves towards Phase 3 of it’s re-opening strategy statewide, we are happy to begin again holding courses, albeit for a greatly reduced number of students. State guidelines require us to operate at a maximum of 40% of our capacity, and officials continue to urge anyone entering MA to self isolate for 14 days. We have determined that to both meet these guidelines and to maintain proper social distancing throughout the center, we can accommodate up to 40 students and 10 servers in total.
- For the month of July, we will have 10-day courses for students primarily from the state of MA, and whose enrollments for previous courses were cancelled as a result of the pandemic. These courses will be by invitation only.
- Students who are already enrolled for the July 29th, August 12th, August 26th (3-day) and September 2nd courses will be contacted to see if they would like to keep their enrollments.
- Registration for the September 16th, and future courses, will open to all old and new students on Saturday, June 27th. As our capacity will be greatly diminished, enrollments will be reviewed and accepted on an individual basis.
- All students applying for courses will be required to fill out additional COVID-related questionnaires before being accepted, as well as waivers upon arrival to the center. Accepted applicants will receive ample information on the measures the center management team has implemented to help keep students and staff safe as we re-open. This information will be available for prospective applicants upon request.
- Students will be contacted before the course by phone to complete an additional phone interview, and to provide clarification for preparing for the course.
If you have any further questions about the center’s reopening plan, please feel free to contact us.
Lastly, many old students have been sitting regularly together via our Virtual Group Sitting programs. We know just how much of a support it has provided to many old students, and remain focused on continuing to provide forums for you to strengthen your daily practice! Recently, many have asked if these will continue after courses resume. The program will continue as long as there is a demand for these sessions.
For more information on this program, or to join these sittings, please visit:https://www.dhara.dhamma.org/os/regions/virtual-group-sittings
Dhamma Dhara Center Management Team