Current Covid-19 Protocols for Courses
- As of August 1st, 2020 Massachusetts is currently in Phase 3 of its re-opening strategy statewide. As such, we are happy to be again holding courses, albeit for a greatly reduced number of students. State guidelines require us to operate at a maximum of 40% of our capacity, and officials continue to urge anyone entering Massachusetts to self- isolate for 14 days. We have determined that to both meet these guidelines and to maintain proper social distancing throughout the center, we can accommodate up to a total of 40 students and 10 servers.
- We recognize that many of you want to sit courses, and we will do our best to help applicants get into courses. We recommend that you apply for courses as soon as they open on our schedule page. Courses usually fill up within 24-48 hours of opening.
- Travel restrictions are in place for students or servers coming into Massachusetts from “high risk states”, as designated by the state. This is a constantly evolving situation, and it is important that ALL APPLICANTS check the current guidelines before applying, and make plans to be in compliance with these mandates if coming to the center. Please visit: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order for more details.
- Center management will call each and every student accepted and enrolled for courses approximately two weeks before the course begins to more fully outline the protocols for being at the center during this time. The most important thing is ensuring that everyone who comes to the center is healthy. We are strongly recommending that everyone, regardless of where they are coming from, get a Covid test before arriving. As mentioned, this is absolutely required for those coming from “high-risk” states/areas, but we still strongly urge all those coming to get a test.
- Because of the evolving pandemic situation, the above guidelines may change at any time.