Important Announcement regarding the “Coronavirus” (COVID-19)
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to impact our communities, we here at Dhamma Dharā are taking all appropriate steps to help keep all those who come to our Meditation Center and the greater community safe and healthy.
The Center Management Team has been working tirelessly in the recent days and weeks to become educated and to keep the center a safe and welcoming place for incoming students. Although cleanliness and sanitary practices have always been a priority for our staff, we have greatly enhanced our efforts in light of the Coronavirus.
We have expanded our flu-prevention protocols to include:
- We are asking anyone with a respiratory illness, flu-like symptoms, or feeling unwell in any way, to NOT travel to the center.
- We are providing CDC-approved hand sanitizer, tissues, disinfectant wipes, and hand soap for each room.
- We have asked all staff, course servers, and local servers to not come to the center if they are feeling ill.
- We provide consistent reminders and encouragement to all those who come to the center to regularly wash their hands for at least 20 seconds, covering coughs/sneezes with single use tissues when available, or the crook of the elbow.
- All those coming to the center will be asked to sign a waiver upon their arrival (link), certifying that they have not traveled to countries which have had a significant outbreak, or had contact with those who may have. Additionally, the waiver requests that the students leave the center if they should feel ill.
Future Monitoring and Courses
We will continue to rely on the guidance of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and closely monitor the situation. As of this moment, we feel confident in our preparedness and current state of operations. As such, all scheduled courses will proceed as planned.
Rest assured that as circumstances continue to develop, one thing will remain the same: We will make our decisions with the health and well-being of our students, servers, staff and communities as our highest priority.